Sign up for my newsletter and you'll receive a free book! In the meantime, enjoy the activities below!
Are you ready to be a professional illustrator? Color the B&W cover below or draw your own!
CLICK EACH IMAGE TO DOWNLOAD AND COLOR-IN!
TRY THE QUIZ!
MORE HELP WANTED!
Ten Things About Me That You Probably Don’t Know
1. My real first name isn’t Jim, or even James. It’s Alan.
2. I always told my students on the first day of school that I really disliked lying. I have to admit, though, that when students asked me why the book order wasn’t in yet, I usually blamed Scholastic Books. The truth is, most of the time I hadn’t placed the order yet.
3. I got used to being called Mr. Sack, but I never really liked it and almost always signed notes home, student agendas, etc. with Jim.
4. To be honest, I wasn’t a very good student from sixth grade on.
5. My favorite wild animal is the moose, although I’m intrigued by the porcupine because of the way they waddle.
6. Some of the stories in my books are from when I was growing up. I’m not telling which ones, though, unless I’m asked at a school visit.
7. My favorite food is cheese. I actually drool when I get near a cheese platter. As a matter of fact, if I’m at a party and there is cheese out, I simply continue to circle back and forth, hoping that no one realizes that I haven’t left the food table.
8. I don’t have much of a sweet tooth. If I open a Mounds bar (my favorite), it’ll probably take me weeks, if not months, to finish it. I’m not kidding.
9. Growing up, I wanted to be a veterinarian. Although I still love animals, I was a terrible student in math and science and knew I’d never be a vet.
10. Another reason why I knew that I’d never be a vet is the “grasshopper story”. It’s too long to share here, so for that one, you’ll have to have me in for a visit!